Today Sam received a package from his former classmates and teachers at Pilgrim Child Development Center. He was so excited to get mail and loved reading the letters his friends wrote him. He even got some pictures of them. Thank you Miss Amy! The staff also sent us messages in a card. Upon reading it, I immediately started crying. It was really thoughtful and we all miss you too. You don't realize how much people are a part of your daily life until your life totally changes!! These were people we saw every work day for almost six years.
So feeling a bit homesick I baked chocolate chip cookies. Yes, I openned the sacred bag of brown sugar. They were delicious. I shared some with our neighbors. (The little girl who rides the van with Zoe)
So feeling a bit homesick I baked chocolate chip cookies. Yes, I openned the sacred bag of brown sugar. They were delicious. I shared some with our neighbors. (The little girl who rides the van with Zoe)
I finished the night off by skyping my school. I was able to talk to the people in the office and then they put me on speaker over the announcements and I was able to say hi to the whole school. It was great.
So now it's off to bed. Dan is in Amsterdam all week. He got bumped off his flight in Geneva and then his luggage didn't follow him. He did finally get his bag today. The positive is that he got a $500 voucher on KLM. Hmmmmm, were are we going?
Oh, and I drove the car all by myself today! I also fixed the faucet myself....because it was easier than trying to communicate with our landlord. I know, I'm a chicken, but a resourceful one at that!
2 comments:
I'll try this again...I had too many typos in the last one! You go girl with fixing faucets and driving the car! Glad you could make some cookies and enjoyed talking with friends from work. Way to be on the PA system....famous on top of being handy!! Do you have any western chain restaurants near you...besides McDonalds? When we were homesick we would splurge and eat at TGIFridays in Kyiv even if it was a small fortune :-)! Have a great Wednesday and only two more days and COMPANY!!
Post a Comment