So we got our car....a VW Passat Wagon. It has a sweet GPS in it and once I get used to it I may actually find it useful!! I drove the car for the first time Saturday night. We were just going to Pully to have dinner at Laurent and Babeth's house. It's only about a 15 minute drive, but it was an agonizing one. I felt like I was 15 and in driver's ed. Although I don't remember my driver's ed. teacher screaming at me the entire time?!?! Needless to say, I was nervous and Dan didn't quite know how to coach me. I think we got it worked out, I drove to Thun and that went pretty well. Dan and I are both irritated that they didn't give us cruise control. The Swiss are very STRICT about their speed limits and have cameras on the highway. Yeah, they just mail you speeding tickets. So it may be awhile before I hop in the car and drive to France by myself.
I wasn't the only Elko cruising this weekend though. On Sunday morning Dan took the training wheels off Sam's bike and the kid mastered it in about 30 minutes! He's so darn cute and loves going "so fast". We are really proud of him. I promise to get some pictures of that later today and post them.
I wasn't the only Elko cruising this weekend though. On Sunday morning Dan took the training wheels off Sam's bike and the kid mastered it in about 30 minutes! He's so darn cute and loves going "so fast". We are really proud of him. I promise to get some pictures of that later today and post them.
3 comments:
Congrats Sam! Great minds must think alike because Gracie just started this weekend as well and is feeling quite cool about it all. Can't wait to see pics!
By the way.....now is the driving crazy because you're just unfamiliar with the area? Or do they have really narrow roads? Unmarked streets? Crazy fast drivers? A backseat driver :-)? Or all of the above?!?!?
"Although I don't remember my driver's ed. teacher screaming at me the entire time?!?!" This sentence actually made me laugh out loud. Mostly because I can picture me in your shoes. ;o)
Post a Comment