Well one lesson in and Zoe is already ahead of me. Big surprise! Our instructor is a very patient woman named Maria. She ran us through some exercises of basic vocabulary. I understood the lesson, I just couldn't always remember the vocabulary or HOW to say it. My mind is just mush now!!! I will regroup tomorrow. Write the vocabulary on notecards and continue practicing the lesson. Maria said that for one class we will go to the grocery store. That will be helpful and probably embarassing!!! Zoe got a bit silly at the end so I'm not sure her attention span can handle an hour and a half. We only met for an hour today. I think this will help me though and I think that it helps that I taught ASL for three years. I just need to be more patient with myself.
Well it's 9:21 and Zoe is still up. The girl would NEVER sleep if we let her. Ben finally cried himself to sleep. He is now at the phase were he just screams when I walk out the room, but he's learning. Last night he slept from 8 - 6:00....possilby a record. Sam, he falls alseep the second his head hits the pillow. I'm ready for sleep myself. My whole body aches.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
3 comments:
The key sentence, Jen, was - "I need to be more patient with myself." You have been in Morges a little over a month. As a family you have met every challenge and change with grace, style and humor when needed. Read over your blog entries and you will understand why all of us blogspot readers are totally "WOWED" by all you have done in a very small amount of time. Here's hoping that Ben continues to sleep longer stretches of time!
Love to all of you.
Grandma Janet
Way to go Ben! I hope everybody gets some good sleep tonight. The French will come in time and I echo grandma Janet...you've been there a month....give yourself some time! By the way....loved the bathroom story with Sam...always an adventure! Good night....
yeah that is ok. I think zoe is better, because she is younger. it is easier to pick up a foreign language when you are younger. but that is ok. We all love your blog because it is sooo creative funny and I love your adventures. i am learning chinese in school. It is soooo awesome. i really love it only 1 week and I can say ni hao and other stuff but i learned a lot about the culture
Post a Comment