Last night we had dinner at Susan and Didi's home. We had hoped to bbq at the park, but again, it rained all day yesterday! It was an odd feeling walking to their house because I was the only one who had actually met these people, but everyone seemed to hit it off quickly. Zoe and Pia immediately were off and doing six year old girl things. It took a bit longer for Sam and Alana to warm up, but once they did, so cute!
Dan and I enjoyed learning all about Suzie and Didi's world travels. They met as students in Sweden. They've lived in San Fransico, Germany, Zurich. They've been in Morges for four years now. It was so fun getting to know them. We got to try some German beer from Didi's home town and he grilled up some great sausage and chicken. We stayed until the kids were obviously tired and needed sleep. We left probably close to 9:30. Dan then met Didi and their neighbor Marc at a pub. Marc is originally from Texas. This is how small Morges is....his daughters, Ava and Zoe are the little girls we met at the park a few weeks ago with their nanny!
So Dan was not doing so well this morning....the kids and I met all these people this morning at a cafe for coffee and croissants. I also met another neighbor in their building, Pauline and her 17 month old son, Andrew. Pauline and her husband are from Beriut. She is beautiful and her son is adorable. He and Ben enjoyed chasing birds and each other in the street (pedestrian street). I will most likely meet up with her again so the boys can play.
So today is beautiful....one day on, one day off. I am now trying to prepare for our first out of town guests. Our friends Travis and Tammana will be arriving Friday afternoon. Dan will be in Belgium from tomorrow evening and returning Thursday evening, so I really need to be on top of my game this week. So don't panic if I don't blog as much, I know some of you are "addicted" which is so flattering to us. We love keeping in touch with all of you.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment