Zoe smiled and waved as the van pulled away this morning, so I guess she is over that hump! Good news. Today is Wednesday, no school for Sam and half day for Zoe. I'm still trying to get used to all this and remember the schedules. My fear is one day I'll forget to be waiting for Zoe downstairs when she gets home!
Tomorrow Sarah and I, with Ben and James, are going to do some grocery shopping in France. I guess the meat is cheaper there. So we'll see how that goes. I'm just excited to be leaving Morges for a few hours and not having to take a train or bus!!! ha ha Oh this reminds me, I didn't blog about my bus ride yesterday. The boys and I were going to meet Dan at that same place for lunch Lausanne, but this time I was going to take the bus instead of climbing that huge hill. Well I got on the #1, but going the wrong way. So needless to say the boys and I got the grand tour of Lausanne before reaching our destination. We were only about 30 min. late meeting Dan. Oops, now I know!
Friday morning I'm having coffee with a woman I met yesterday. Her name is Susan. She has 2 young daughters. She's lived in Morges for awhile, but is orignally from Colorado. Her husband is German. She is really nice and told me about a hot lunch program they have in the schools. I think I will sign Sam up for this program on Thursdays so Ben and I won't have to go back and forth all day! This will be especially nice when the weather turns colder.
Janet is heading to our house for the week and I'm hoping she finds it still standing! Just kidding, I know that our neighbors, Matt and Sue are taking great care of it. I've been told no rain in Milwaukee since we left and the grass is like straw. There are a few things I want Janet to grab at the house before she comes the end of Oct. Actually I may have her put them out on our table for my parents to grab as they are coming the beginning of Oct.! I'm in desparate need of a cabinet locking device I know we have in our basement. Most of our cabinets have no handles on them, but there are two, with the help of this device that will keep Ben out of my tupperware and cereal!
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
2 comments:
It took Zoe no time at all to adjust to the bus....way to go Zoe. I'm dyin to hear about the meat buying experience in France...do post if you have the time. Enjoy all your outings with other people :-)! Hey....no rain in Indy either...we're pretty much at the hay stage as well....lovely.
zoe you are such a big girl. see I told you the bus wouldn't be that bad. sorry I mean van. Good Job!! Gut Gemacht!!!! i would love to hear about your trip to France. I hope that it is something blogworthy. Not much rain here that is for sure. i wish I was one of those people coming to see you.
Hayley
P.S. have fun at school Zoe and Sam
Post a Comment