Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dinner Guests




We had Laurent, Babeth, Julie, Chloe, and a new co-worker of Dan's, Matt McCarthy over for dinner this evening. It's 10:40 pm, the dishwasher is loaded, the kids are asleep (I hope), and I exhausted!! Dan and I wanted to make a somewhat typical "American" meal, so we served ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, salad, and apple pie for dessert. It was fun to cook for people and they seemed to like it. Ben loved the potatoes!

Zoe and Julie locked themselves in Zoe's room right way. I wonder what they talk about since neither one knows the other's native language! Zoe gave the girls matching T-shirts from Target and they all looked so cute. It was a relaxing evening which was nice.

Matt just arrived in Switzerland. He and his wife will also be living in Morges. She and their dog will be arriving in October. She is a speech pathologist in Mpls. and is subbing for someone on maternity leave. I'm looking forward to meeting her. Maybe someone to walk with in the mornings.

No real plans for tomorrow, but hopefully something "blogworthy"!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....not even a month into life in Switzerland and we're hosting dinner parties....quite impressive! Love the pic of the kids....that is great they kids jump right into friendship whether they can speak the same language or not. Enjoy your Sunday!

Hayley Griffin said...

Wow, almost a month done and already having dinner parties. The pictures of the kids are soooo cute. They look so good in their matching t-shirts. it is good that they can make friends soo easily.
Hayley