Monday, August 4, 2008

new friends

Yesterday at the playground in Morges we heard English! So we started a conversation with a mom and her 5 year old daughter and 7 month old son. They have been in the area since March. I forget the name of her husband's company, but they have lived in England and Germany as well. Their daughter goes to the International school here. We exchanged numbers. We also had dinner at Laurent and Babeth's last night. The kids were really shy at first. Sam and Zoe are a bit freaked out by the kissing hello. The kids played with Julie(8) and Chloe(5). They seemed to do ok. We also got some French lessons. Dan is picking it up so quickly and I'm a disaster. Zoe and Julie seemed to have bonded. I was a wreck with chasing Ben. I forgot how exhausting a 1 year old is at someone's house that isn't baby proofed. Again we had the kids up way too late. I guess once we move into our flat and Dan resumes a work schedule we'll figure it out. All in all a good day. We also registered in Morges yesterday, so we are official residents. We hope to meet with our relocation consultant today to get some questions answered. Dan is working a few hours at the office today and the kids are still sleeping. I really need to tidy up this place. It's a mess! I'll post more later.

No comments: