Hi everyone! We had our internet service disconnect for almost a week, but now we're up and running again. There was some mix-up with our contract and Dan had to fax it in a million times. I haven't figured out our phone either. All in good time. I have to save little projects for myself once the kids start school next week.
Speaking of school. Sam met a classmate who lives in our complex. She's a little girl and went to the school last year too. I guess Madame Kahn speaks very little English, so Sam will be in for FULL immersion! Dan met this family last night down at our playset. The mom is American and the dad is Cuban. They have a boy Zoe's age and a girl Sam's age. I'm looking forward to meeting them. Tomorrow we are going to tackle the last items on the school list, the special shoes the kids need for the classroom and the gym.
Today the kids and I went to the public pool by our house. It's awesome! We had a really good time and I look forward to spending lots of time there next summer. We met a couple there with a two year old boy. They have lived here for six years. They actually LIVE here, they aren't expats. They both speak English and French. She mentioned they were in the U.S. for three weeks, so fellow Americans. I have the woman's phone number and plan to call her.
I'm also going to tackle the post office tomorrow. I'm nervous. I really need to start my language lessons.
Oh, we have a new member in the Elko family. Dan's brother Tom and his wife Stephanie welcomed their first child, Josephine Rose on August 17th.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment