Friday, August 29, 2008

Shopping

This entry is especially for my friend Sherrie Griffin. Sherrie and I were talking at work months ago about how cool it would be to live in Europe. We both had this romantic idea of going to the market everyday to buy fresh bread and ingredients for dinner. Ummmmmmmmm, that was
fun for about a week! Now don't get me wrong, fresh bread everyday is AWESOME, and it's the only option really. But shopping almost everyday....ugh. I will seriously have HUGE forearms by the time we move home. I have to push the stroller with one hand and drag the shopping caddy behind me. It's tricky, but I'm getting quite good at it. I will have to take a picture one day. So next time you are filling your trunk with 2 weeks worth of food and driving home, think of me!!! On a postive note, hopefully with my huge forarms I'll also have buns of steel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I seriously think that is one of the hardest parts of adjusting to European life is that idea of not buying in bulk and buying ahead! If Ben likes his backpack it could save you by having Ben on your back and only having to deal with the grocery cart. Good luck....we love reading about your new world!

Hayley Griffin said...

yeah i love reading about your adventures. It is cool that you get to go shopping a lot but it seems like it would get hard. especially since you have to juggle a stroller and a cart thing. yeah it has got to be hard to shop and do everything else in your daily routine.
Hayley