Wednesday, August 6, 2008

School Supply Shopping

So Zoe has quite the school supply list and she was dying to go shopping. So we headed to a store called Manor. Babeth told us we would get the best prices here. I still was not prepared for the cost! We still have 1/2 the list to shop for. We bought, pencils, colored pencils, felt markers, eraser, ruler (cm only!), 4 glue sticks, a 2-ring binder, a file folder, a paint set...I spent $90fr. I usually double the cost, so it's like $45US. YIKES! I'll let you know how the rest goes.

Zoe also took me to the grocery store. I hadn't gone yet. We needed some all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, light bulbs, dustpan/broom, ice cube tray, napkins (they only have thick party napkins)...that trip was about $45fr. The cashier rolled her eyes at me because I didn't know French. Ah, my first encounter with a person who doesn't appreciate me spending my weak American dollar in her country. whatever. ; )

No comments: