Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Only in Europe

So some interesting difference in culture.

1. There is a lot of skin on TV...my children will not be watching much TV, you can't even flip through the stations! But we did watch the Simpsons and 2 and 1/2 men in German. That was funny! Zoe said they were talking too fast that she couldn't understand much.

2. Zoe couldn't understand why even some girls her age only had swimming bottoms on at the pool. When we were getting ready to leave and the kids had to change into dry clothes the other kids just stripped down in the open and changed. Zoe made me hold a towel around her! My modest girl. Fine by me.

3. At the park tonight I was sitting on a park bench and heard a noise. I turned around to see a girl Zoe's age squatting down across the path to take a pee. No problem! yikes. Totally out in the open. No one seemed to bat an eye.

I'm sure I'll come across many more things in the next 3 years!

No comments: