Friday, August 29, 2008

First week down

Well the kids survived their first week of French school. Sam has absolutely amazed me with his ability to adapt. I think he is just so excited to ride his scooter to school! He likes his teacher and playing with the other kids, and although he isn't really understanding much at this point, he will. My favorite part of Sam's day is when I pick him up. He's so happy to see me and is very talkative when we go home and have lunch.

Zoe ended up loving the school lunch! She told us that another girl in class interpreted for her when she tried to talk to the teacher. Her physical education teacher can speak German, so she thought that was pretty cool. English class will definately be her easy subject! Zoe has also been experiencing anxiety about all of these new changes and actually threw-up this morning. She is a trooper though and made it through the school day. I think she get more of a flavor for how school goes next week. She also starts the bus on Monday so think brave thoughts for Zoe!

It's been an emotionally exhausting week for me. I'm also thinking about all my co-workers at Milwaukee Sign Language School who are beginning the year. Part of me wishes I was with them. I will deeply miss the friendships and the students. Many of my coworkers are doing a great job emailing me and can't tell you how much I appreciate it! I love you guys!

3 comments:

Kathy Nicholas said...

Hi to all
Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. It looks like you are all on a wonderful vacation.
Love, Grandma Nicholas

Hayley Griffin said...

sam isn't it soo cool to ride your bike or scooter to school. i am glad that you are enjoying learning french. Zoe isn't school lunch good. some of the days though get kind of nasty but do not take my word for it. Don';t throw up sweetie it is ok. When you are feeling scared about school just email me and i will check my email everyday in case you need to here something from a kid who took school lunch, took the bus and juggles a lot of different activites.
miss You
Hayley

Jen said...

Wow, in school already...

We're getting ready for Tuesday, and a little melancoly as we left PCDC behind us for good.

Gracie and Meghan send along messages of "We miss you!"

Glad to hear that some normalcy is beginning to emerge for you all.

Hang in there. I bet 3 years will fly by soon enough, and then you all will be trying to adjust to America again...

Jen