So today is my first day where both Sam and Zoe are at school. It is 9:40 am and I have just put Ben down for a morning nap. Ben was up from 1:30 to 3:30 am last night. It's like having a newborn. He still wants a bottle in the middle of the night which we won't give him. His last molar refuses to cut. Or it could be something else, we just don't know, but would like to solve this issue because it's bording insanity. Zoe and Sam weren't the best sleepers as babies, but this is out of control. I take it very personally because I feel that it is a failure of mine, that I have not taught him how to put himself to sleep. But anyway.....
So yesterday I called Babeth at about 1:15 and decided that going to the pool in Pully would be a good idea. Clearly, I'm not a wise woman. Babeth tried to explain which buses (yes, plural) to take after we got off the train in Lausanne. She must have sensed the panic in my voice because she decided it would be wise for her and the girls to meet us at the train station. So we met them at about 2:30. (nothing is quick here when using public transportation. Well the trains and buses are very timely, but it all takes time.) It's a good thing Babeth met us because on the phone she told me to get off the first bus at Joliette when in fact it was Georgette. I would have been totally lost!
We got to the pool in Pully at 3:00 and stayed about 2 hours maybe. The pool in Pully is VERY cold. Laurent and Babeth told us later the they purposely keep this pool cold because the local "government" believes it is better for your health?! Well I'll take our pool in Morges over this any day!!! The kids had fun though. After the pool we took a bus back to Babeth's. She invited us to stay for dinner, so I called Dan because he and Laurent had plans to meet after work for a beer. This would have been fine except Dan took the train that day. In the end the plan was Dan and Laurent would come back by 8:00 and the Elko family would take public transportation home. So on a school night we did not get home until 9:10!!! We won't do this again. It will also be nice when we get our car and I can drive. UGH.
2 comments:
Sounds like quite the day!! I'm sure the kids slept well (except Ben of course) :-(! After the world of public transportation nothing seem like a long drive any more :-)! Loved the pics of Zoe and her school. Can't wait to hear about her first full day! Enjoy your quiet and alone time while Ben naps!
That seems like an awesome day. I would not like to go in a cold pool. I bet the kids slpet well. Do they sleep well do to the time change??? Well except for ben. he will hopefully get to sleep one night. The pics of Zoe at her school are soo cute. Well, Sams pictures are also soooo cute. Is Sam doing good at school??? Learning alot of French??
Hayley
Post a Comment