Our apartment has a playground area that is just packed with kids in the early evening. Tonight I took the kids down there around 5:00 pm and met a woman name Sarah who is from Minnesota. She has a 4 year old boy named Sam! And a 1 year old boy named James. I think she was as happy to meet me as I was her. She has been here since June. Her Sam goes to a different school, but we'll be on the same schedule basically. I also talked to a woman named Leslie. Her daughter is in Sam's class. I think I mentioned that Dan had met them last week. She was very helpful and gave me lots of information about school.
There are many expats in our complex. I do want to learn French and be comfortable using it, but it's also nice to know that other English speakers are nearby for those exhausting days when you just can't face it! Our complex is having a picnic this weekend, so I hope to meet more people too.
Oh and get this, Leslie told me that in spring Sam will be going on a 3 day/2 night fieldtrip! What the?!?! I can't even imagine it! I know he'll love it, but wow!!! Well I have to get to bed. Tomorrow will be our first day when we have to be out of the house by 8:10 at least. I'm anxious to find out when Zoe will be picked up for school and praying it's not the same time I'm supposed to be walking Sam to school.
Avery 10 1/2
10 years ago
1 comment:
So how did it go? Did everyone make it to the right school at the right time? Did you jet off to a coffee shop for something totally decadent? I am drooling over those pictures of pretzels. You are doing a great job Elko family! What an awesome adventure!!
Post a Comment